Monday, February 12, 2007

How good are your notes?

The "Scooter" Libby trial reminds me of a couple of my own shortcomings. I don't take very good notes ... and my memory is not so good either. So if I were called to the stand, my notes having been subpoenaed, having to recall with whom I spoke about what, I would certainly fail.

I asked Betty yesterday how she manages her notes, to-do's and the like, whether she uses her Day-Timer system, her digital calendar and contact system, both, neither or what. You know, Microsoft's Entourage (Mac) or Outlook (PC) does a great job of linking calendar and contact info. Mac's iCal and Address Book - which I use - do not. I write to-do's and notes and such in a little black book (that's all they're good for now), unless I'm at my computer. If I'm at a keyboard I'm likely to tap in a texting program, then paste into a calendar to-do.

What works for you?

No comments: