Friday, February 9, 2007

Meetings

Do you get more work done in or outside of meetings?

As another Burrisite prepares to move outside the office to do his day-to-day work, I think about productivity and its causes. I know I'm extremely productive working from home. I use a lot of IM, email, Skype conferencing, web access - I use all these and more to push out work, to execute work, to wrap-up one assignment (self-imposed and otherwise) after another.

How about you? Where are you most productive?

The photo above is from a meeting at Dunes Properties yesterday. Jeff Satterwhite from Softwired Systems in Greensboro made a presentation of his work in progress for the company, and a number of decisions were made. As a result, Jeff and I are able to move forward, aggressively.

This is how it works best for me. I'm most productive getting stuff done outside of meetings. But if I need items approved, bought into, checked off, a face-to-face is almost always best.

No comments: